Monday, April 11, 2011

Photos sorting

Spent a large part of the afternoon sorting photos of quilts, family etc. into correct albums on Shutterfly. Now I have all my art quilts in one album and it will be easier to put them on this blog. My daughter graciously took photos of all of them including some closeups. Now that I have to sit around for three more weeks (at least) I can start posting them. I decided too try and post my latest quilt and it worked!! This pattern is Aunt Millies Flower Garden from Piece O' Cake designs. It is the quilt I made for our son and his new wife for their wedding quilt. Their wedding colors were black and white with some red, hence the colors. The center block that is on point is from one  of Piece O' Cakes books and is  the Anniversary Quilt. I embroidered Mike and Kelly's initials on the heart.  Here is a close up of two of the blocks  and the finished quilt. I machine quilted it myself and the embroidery is all by hand.
I just found out about a new fiber arts group that has formed here in Des Moines. It is called Fiber Road and the women in it are fantastic artists. Can't wait to be up and around and find out more about this and what all they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment