Monday, June 6, 2011

Still Here

I haven't posted for a few days as I have been getting together an idea for my husband's cousin's baby quilt. I WENT TO THE QUILT STORE. Since my foot surgery on March 30th, I have not been able to go to the quilt store. It was too much walking. Now I have recovered enough to go and it was fun. I got the idea for the baby quilt in American Patchwork and Quilting magazine. You put yoyos of different sizes all over the quilt. Some can be alone while others may be stacked on top of each other. I will put a ruffle around the quilt since it will be a girl (their third) and put it together envelope style. I needed something to work on in the car on the way to Colorado for vacation and this will be perfect for working on it in the car. Since I am still not up to full speed, I doubt I will be able to drive much or not at all.  We will do it in two days, much easier. I used my Fiesta wear plates for the 4 different size circles( about 1",2",3" and 4"). I think I will quilt it first (thanks for the idea Linda) and then appliuqe the yoyos onto the top. The fabric is a really cute line with lots of matching colors and designs to choose from. I will post a photo of the fabric soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment